London - a world class shopping city!
Calling all fashionista’s and shopaholics alike, London offers some of the world’s best collection of shops all at your doorstep when you stay with us at Sheriff Hotel.
Here are our top picks:
Main Shopping Streets
- Oxford Street: In the heart of London with more than 300 shops, designer outlets and landmark or flagship stores. This has got to be your number 1 destination for shopping in London with everything from Primark to grab a bargain, Topshop for the latest fashion trends and Bond Street for the more upmarket shops
- Regent street: Running perpendicular to Oxford Street intersecting at Oxford Circus here you’ll find the world famous Hamley’s Toy Store, a flagship Apple store, Burberry, Polo Ralph Lauren and J Crew shops.. Access the avenues with utmost comfort, when you stay at hotels near Regent Street! If you’re looking for an affordable and modern hotel near Oxford Circus of London, with free Wi-Fi and amenities including a free smartphone
- Bond Street and Mayfair: Just off Oxford Street you’ll find Bond Street leading towards Piccadilly and Mayfair. This is what we’d call extravagant retail therapy or preparing to pop the question with the flagship Tiffany store and other famous jewellers like Cartier. The majority of people here are however just window shopping!
- Carnaby Street: Just off Regent Street (its quite handy that all the major shopping streets are all so near) this street hosts over 150 brands and independent boutiques as well as restaurants and bars
- King’s Road: In case you thought that all the shops were at Oxford Street here’s another area to explore in Chelsea and only a 15 minute walk from our hotel. An eclectic mix of high street fashion, chic boutiques and independents as well as designer shops. Check out Duke of York Square with over 30 shops and cafés and there is often a market at weekends. If you’re into antiques Chelsea Antique’s Market is also house here
- Sloane Street: This is where you’ll need serious cash! For really high-end designer stores, you’ll find the likes of Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Boss, Fendi … the list goes on but I think you get the picture!
- Covent Garden: more than just a market Covent Garden has a host of designer brands and independents as well as handmade gifts and unique traders within the market. You’ll also find plenty of restaurants, cafés and bars as well as independent coffee shops
- Portobello Road Market – in Notting Hill and featured heavily in the 90’s classic movie! Great to wander around for unusual items and many antiques
- Borough Market – this is foodie heaven by London Bridge
- Camden Market – very popular with tourists, a hip and cool market by Camden Lock with everything from piercing and tattoo parlours to food stalls and clothing shops including vintage clothing
- Brixton Village – a relative new market with handmade crafts, vintage items and clothing and independent fashion brands
- Selfridges – Oxford Street
- John Lewis – Oxford Street
- Marks & Spencer – Oxford Street
- House of Fraser – Victoria Street and Oxford Street
- Harrods – Knightsbridge
Lastly and well deserving of a mention:
Westfield Shepherd’s Bush
- One of Europe’s largest shopping malls and set to become bigger with an extension underway due to be completed in the next 3 years
- A retail and leisure heaven with over 250 shops, a 17 screen cinema and over 50 eating places
- Flagship Marks & Spencer, Debenhams, Next and House of Fraser
- Almost every shop you can think of!
So there it is, our top picks of London’s shopping districts. London truly is an all year round shopping destination, with London Fashion Week [hyperlink http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk] in February and September and year round sales coinciding with all the holidays, why not book a shopping weekend break in London and grab some bargains!
Why stay at Sheriff Hotel?
Our hotel is ideally located, near to Oxford Street, Regent Street, Knightsbridge, Harrods, Sloane Street and The Kings Road in Chelsea so you’ll always be near the shopping action. There’s something for everyone from cheap deals and high street bargains to designer and exclusive luxury brands.
If you’re looking for an affordable and modern hotel in the city centre of London with free WiFi and amenities including a free smartphone with free 4G to use during your stay, free continental breakfast and free left luggage on your last day, then look no further.
We offer double en-suite rooms with prices starting from £60 per room per night if you book in advance. Always book directly through our website [hyperlink to booking page https://bookings.newbookpms.com/sheriffhotel/index.php] for the best rates and deals.
Our rooms are unique - individually designed, compact city rooms housed in converted townhouses in an exclusive conservation area of London - offering the opportunity to live like a local in London's vibrant hub.
We want you to leave our hotel having had a comfortable stay with a nice refreshing shower in the morning and all the things you need (like WiFi and power sockets with international plugs) and none of the things you don’t need. Spend more time exploring the city and make memories to last a lifetime!